- Athletes competing under The Athlete Games category must complete three online qualifier workouts.
- All qualifier workouts must be judged by a CF-L1 Trainer with over 6 months of experience in the sport.
- All submission videos must clearly show the athlete’s Judge throughout the workout. Videos submitted without a Judge will be invalid.
- An Affiliate Head Coach must validate your score within the deadline specified above. Scores will be marked as ‘Pending Validation’ until verified.
- The Battle staff reserve the right to disqualify an athlete based on The Battle’s own review process, should they find any violation of the rules stated or any violation of sportsmanship.
Please note that rejected scores will be removed from the Battle Leaderboard.
Once the Battle Leaderboard is officially validated, invitations will be sent via email to the top 100 Arabs, in addition to the top 100 teams. There is no limit to the amount of athletes who can participate in the qualifiers.
- ROUND 1 — SEPTEMBER 3
- ROUND 2 — SEPTEMBER 6
- ROUND 3 — SEPTEMBER 9
Athletes will have 48 hours to accept their invitations, otherwise their invitation will be noted as declined and the next athlete on the list will be contacted.
- The Battle Leaderboard scores are considered unofficial until they are reviewed and validated by the Battle Staff at the end of all three qualifiers.
- The Battle Leaderboard will be considered official on September 10, 2017.
- At least one workout video from each athlete will be reviewed. This video will be chosen at random. Please note that submission of all three recorded workouts is still required.
- Once the Battle Leaderboard is officially validated, invitations will be sent via email to the top 100 Arab nationals – 80 males, 20 females – starting September 3rd, 2017.
- Upon receiving an invitation, athletes have 48 hours to accept or decline their offer, and complete registration for the competition.
- If the invitation is not accepted within 48 hours, the invitation will be noted as declined and the next qualifying athlete will be contacted. He or she will also have 48 hours to accept before being noted as declined.
- This process will continue until capacity is reached.
The individual category for BOE will be exclusive for Arab athletes and the teams will be made up of 3 same sex gender athletes of any nationalities. In order to qualify for The Battle of The East Finals, each athlete must complete three online qualifier workouts.
The online qualifier dates are:
- Q17.1 AUGUST 11TH – 17TH
- Q17.2 AUGUST 18TH – 24TH
- Q17.3 AUGUST 15TH – 31ST
All qualifying workouts need to be judged by a CF-L1 Trainer with over 6 months of experience in the sport. In order for the video to be accepted the athlete’s Judge needs to be present and in view of the camera. Any video submitted without a judge will not receive validation of their score.
The top 3 male and top 3 female individual athletes will auto qualify for The Athlete Games.
Athletes within qualifying position with scores that have been altered after review will be contacted via email with details of their score alteration. The decision made by BOE staff is final and no further alterations will be made once the final scoreboard has been released.
Videos that show a discrepancy between the score submitted and the score actually shown in the video will undergo the following penalties:
- In a ‘For Time’ situation: Every no rep that is counted will add five seconds to the score.
- In an ‘AMRAP’ situation: Every no rep that is counted will be deducted from the score.
- If more than five no reps are counted within a workout, the score will be invalid and score zero.
- Qualifier Scores will be based on The Open format, 1st = 1 point, 2nd = 2 points etc.